For children, co-op is a safe and nurturing place in which to explore and have fun. Social, emotional and intellectual skills are learned through cooperative and creative play. For parents, it’s a place to improve parenting skills, help shape their child’s first school environment, and form lasting friendships.
- Cooperatives are communities in which children & adults learn & grow together.
- Cooperatives build and support communities.
- Cooperatives offer achievable and practical solutions & resources to the group and community.
- Cooperatives are empowering.
- Members of cooperatives share the burden in hard or busy times and equally share the benefits all the time.
- Cooperatives are resilient!
- Cooperatives make a difference in small & large ways.
- Cooperatives follow best practices in which children learn through play.
- There’s no one right way to do a co-op. Cooperatives are flexible to fit different community and individual needs.
- Co-ops are communities in which adults & children grown & learn together.