Woodland Park Cooperative Preschool is seeking a part-time teacher to co-teach preschool classes two to three mornings per week beginning in the fall of 2019. During the 2019-2020 school year, the teacher will work under the mentorship of our senior teacher, with the hope that the teacher will take over one of three preschool classes for the 2020-2021 school year. As a cooperative school, the teacher’s role is dual as they will provide an environment for children to grow emotionally, intellectually, socially, and physically through progressive, play-based curriculum while also providing the parents with direction and serving as a model for working with young children.
Two to three days per week: Friday mornings plus one or two other days TBD; working 4.5 to 5 hours in the classroom and about 2 hours set up and clean up time per week, and 4 hours of evening meetings per month.
- Co-teach two to three classes per week.
- Work with co-teacher to set up and clean up classroom.
- Teach independently when co-teacher is absent, both on regular work days and other days as possible whenarranged in advance.
- Attend 2 evening meetings per month (All School Board and Parent Education meetings)
- Provide children with a developmentally appropriate program that follows NAEYC standards, and meets their emotional and physical demands.
- Model for parents and encourage their skill levels by guiding their participation as assistant teachers.
- Degree in Early Childhood Education, related fields or equivalent combination of education and experience teaching preschool age children. Experience in a co-op setting preferred.
- Ability to develop age-appropriate curriculum and activities for children through play-based learning.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with both children and adults.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the collaborative nature of a cooperative school.
- Ability and comfort in frequently moving between different physical classroom stations (kitchen, play areas, circle time, etc.) and positioning self to interact with children in these areas.
- First Aid and CPR certifications, or ability to obtain certification if hired.
- Competitive salary.
- Paid sick days and holidays.
- 9 work months per year.
- Follow the Seattle Public School calendar for holidays.
- Opportunity to work with and get support from consulting Parent Educators from North Seattle College.
- Supportive and enthusiastic All School Board.
- Opportunity to learn in depth from a highly experienced teacher while working side by side.
Email the following to WoodlandParkCoopRecruiting@gmail.com:
- Cover letter and resume.
- Three professional/applicable references (name/email/phone)
- A statement of educational philosophy.
Priority deadline: August 11, 2019; applications accepted until position is filled.Woodland Park Cooperative School is affiliated with the North Seattle College cooperative preschool system and follows EOE guidelines.