Woodland Park Cooperative Preschool is looking for caring, creative and enthusiastic teachers who are passionate about cooperative education to lead our three preschool classes. We have indoor and outdoor classroom spaces, and also offer a Kindergarten program and summer camps. We believe that kids learn best during the act of playing freely; Real, unstructured, freely chosen play. We trust and empower our kids with the ability to make sense of the world, while learning about themselves, their friends, and the adults working alongside them. As a cooperative school, our teachers’ role is dual as they provide an environment for children to grow emotionally, intellectually, socially, and physically while also providing the parents with direction and serving as a model for working with young children.
2s Class: Tuesday & Friday from 9:30 am – 11:30 am, plus setup, breakdown, and planning time.
3s Class: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9:30 am – 12:00 pm, plus setup, breakdown, and planning time.
4s Class: Monday – Thursday from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm, plus setup, breakdown, and planning time.
You are welcome to apply to teach a single class, or more than one.
- Teach approximately 20 students, collaborate with parent teachers to follow the children’s interests, lead age-appropriate “circle time” activities, set up stations and activities, and clean up the classroom.
- Model for parents and encourage their participation as assistant teachers.
- Attend one evening All School Board meeting, and one evening Parent Education meeting per class taught per month.
- Collaborate with other teachers to provide children with a developmentally appropriate program that follows NAEYC standards, and meets their emotional and physical demands.
- Coordinate with other Teachers to select curriculum/classroom supplies.
- Degree in Early Childhood Education, related fields or equivalent combination of education and experience teaching preschool age children.
- Experience in a co-op setting preferred.
- Ability to develop age-appropriate curriculum and activities for children through play-based learning.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with both children and adults.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the collaborative nature of a cooperative school.
- Ability and comfort to move frequently between different physical classroom stations (kitchen, play areas, circle time, etc.) and positioning self to interact with children in these areas.
- First Aid and CPR certifications, or ability to obtain prior to start date.
- Salary based on experience; paid sick days and holidays.
- 9 work months per year; option to work during the summer months.
- Follow the Seattle Public School calendar for holidays.
- Opportunity for professional development via classes/seminars paid for by the Cooperative Preschool.
- Opportunity to work with and get support from consulting Parent Educators from North Seattle College.
- Supportive and enthusiastic All School Board.
Email the following to WoodlandParkCoopRecruiting@gmail.com:
- Cover letter. Indicate which teaching position(s) you are applying for.
- A statement of educational philosophy.
- Three professional/applicable references (name/email/phone).
Priority deadline: October 15, 2019; applications accepted until position is filled.
Woodland Park Cooperative School is affiliated with the North Seattle College cooperative preschool system and follows EOE guidelines.