Woodland Park Cooperative School is now hiring a teacher for our 4-5s preschool class for the 2020-2021 school year!
Class meets M-Th from 1-4pm; teacher also attends monthly evening meetings.
We are looking for someone who:
- wants to play outside every day;
- lets children take physical and emotional risks;
- trusts children with the ability to make sense of the world through unstructured, freely chosen play;
- is comfortable leading a group of adults from diverse backgrounds to be assistant teachers;
- likes to do messy art and use real tools;
- is comfortable on a playground filled with loose parts and items that might be considered “junk” to others;
- wants to be part of a team of teachers who share space and each lead their own class.
- opportunities for professional growth and mentoring;
- competitive salary based on education and previous experience;
- nine month schedule follows the Seattle Public Schools schedule for breaks;
- paid sick days and holidays;
- enthusiastic parent support;
- small class ratio 1:5 (with working parents in classroom daily);
- location in Fremont near the troll, indoor and outdoor play spaces and a greenhouse
For full job description & qualifications visit woodlandparkcoop.com/who-we-are/job-openings/
To apply, email your resume, cover letter and references to:
Woodland Park Cooperative School is affiliated with the North Seattle College cooperative preschool system and follows EOE guidelines.