Wedgwood Coop Toddler Class meets Friday mornings from 9 – 11. Our teacher offers a curriculum to meet the needs of those curious explorers! Toddler class provides a learning time for parents, as well, and the instructor bases the adult curriculum on the needs of the parents. So…
Come and be here for the fun
See the children climb and run
Hear them sing and watch them play
Join us for a fun filled day!
Toddlers Class Teacher – Ashley Heiskanen
Having been a part of the North Seattle Cooperative program for the past eight years as a parent, I am excited to now be on the other side of things as the Toddler Teacher at Wedgwood Co-op! My previous experience as a classroom teacher at a private Montessori school provided me with many skills that I believe can be applied in the Toddler classroom as well. I enjoy being around children and find toddlerhood to be a truly fun and exciting age. My experience in multiple co-op classes with my three daughters has given me insight into how a co-op classroom runs, and I appreciate the family participation and inclusiveness that comes along with being a part of a co-op community. I look forward to a fun and energetic school year ahead!
Toddler Class Schedule
9:00-9:35 Climbing Time & Clean Up
9:35-9:55 Music Circle
9:55-10:10 Snack & Clean Up
10:10-10:50 Activity Time/Parent Ed.*
10:50-11:00 Goodbye Circle
*Half of parents assist in classroom, half attend Parent Education
- Toddler Parents attend class with their children and act as assistant teachers
- Each parent has a job outside the classroom (For example: class librarian, equipment and repair, class photographer, substitute teacher)
- One weekend cleaning of the school per year(takes approximately 3 hours)
- Monthly evening parent meeting includes class business and parent education
General Toddler Class Information
- Meet: Friday 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Age: 12 months by August 31
- 2019-20: Tuition $62/month + North Seattle College Tuition $53.25/quarter
Last updated: October 17th, 2020, 05:56 am