Wedgwood Coop Toddler Class meets Friday mornings from 9:00-11:00. Our teacher offers a curriculum to meet the needs of those curious explorers! Toddler class provides a learning time for parents, as well, and the instructor bases the adult curriculum on the needs of the parents. So…
Come and be here for the fun
See the children climb and run
Hear them sing and watch them play
Join us for a fun filled day!
Our Teacher – Kari Larson
Kari Larson is an experienced coop teacher with 6 years experience teaching coop and 15 years teaching. Kari is a certified teacher in the state of Washington with a Master’s degree in Teaching. Kari has also held positions as a primary teacher for kindergarten through second grade. She wrote literacy curriculum for the multi-age primary team at Wildwood School and was a staff developer for the Lucy Calkin’s Reading and Writing Program at the Evergreen School in Washington State. Kari is passionate about children’s literature, always looking for ways children can be inspired by stories in imaginary play such as felt stories, movement and song. Kari has three children all of whom went through coop. What Kari most loves in coop is playing guitar and signing with the children in circle time as well as discovering the outdoors with the students in our natural play space everyday!
Toddler Class Schedule
9:00-9:35 Climbing Time & Clean Up
9:35-9:55 Music Circle
9:55-10:10 Snack & Clean Up
10:10-10:50 Activity Time/Parent Ed.*
10:50-11:00 Goodbye Circle
*Half of parents assist in classroom, half attend Parent Education
- Toddler Parents attend class with their children and act as assistant teachers
- Each parent has a job outside the classroom (For example: class librarian, equipment and repair, class photographer, substitute teacher)
- One weekend cleaning of the school per year(takes approximately 3 hours)
- Monthly evening parent meeting includes class business and parent education
General Toddler Class Information
- Meet: Friday 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Age: 12 months by August 31
- 2016-17: Tuition $60/month + North Seattle College Tuition $53.25/quarter
Last updated: July 8th, 2018, 07:47 am