Since there are a limited number of slots per class, some co-ops may fill completely; however, a waiting list is maintained for each co-op. Placement may be made for an empty slot at anytime during the year. The parent coordinator for each class maintains their class’s waiting list. A list of classes and contact info enables you to find out how long a class’s waiting list is and what your chances are of getting a space. Contact a coop’s Parent Coordinator to learn how to be added to their class waitlist.
The cooperative preschools affiliated with North Seattle College admit applicants and students of any race, color, religion, sex or national ethnic origin and are committed to facilitating participation by offering scholarships to families who might not otherwise be able to participate.
Parents Enroll in the NSC Program
Although the child is the one attending preschool, the parent is actually being enrolled in the College program. At the beginning of the school year, parents fill out registration forms for the college and earn credits for the Parent Education component of the preschool program.
Registration Details for 2021-22
Priority Registration Window: Enrolling Now thru Feb. 1, 2021
This phase is for families who are continuing in the same class or co-op.
- Feb. 1, 2021: Priority Registration deadline
- Feb. 2, 2021: Priority lottery and space assignment notifications
- This phase is for families who are continuing on in the same co-op they currently attend
- This phase also includes families who are currently participating in a NSC Toddler co-op and wish to enroll in a Pre3s program at any co-op.
- Some co-ops also give preference to alumni (children with an older sibling who previously attended the same program)
- Registration payment must be received by the co-op before the beginning of Open Registration or they forfeit the space and it will be made available for Open Registration participants.
Open Registration Window Begins: Feb. 1st 2021
For all families
- All families from the community are welcome to apply to any co-op after Feb. 1, 2021.