Since there are a limited number of slots per class, some co-ops may fill completely; however, a waiting list is maintained for each co-op. Placement may be made for an empty slot at anytime during the year. The parent coordinator for each class maintains their class’s waiting list. A list of classes and contact info enables you to find out how long a class’s waiting list is and what your chances are of getting a space. Contact a coop’s Parent Coordinator to learn how to be added to their class waitlist.
The cooperative preschools affiliated with North Seattle College admit applicants and students of any race, color, religion, sex or national ethnic origin and are committed to facilitating participation by offering scholarships to families who might not otherwise be able to participate.
Parents Enroll in the NSC Program
Although the child is the one attending preschool, the parent is actually being enrolled in the College program. At the beginning of the school year, parents fill out registration forms for the college and earn credits for the Parent Education component of the preschool program.
Registration Details for 2018-19
Priority Registration: Deadline Feb. 7th, 2018
This phase is for families who are continuing in the same class or co-op.
- 2/7/2018: Priority Registration deadline
- 2/8/2018: Priority lottery and space assignment notifications
- A child currently enrolled in an NSC co-op should register for the upcoming year with the parent coordinator for the class that the child wishes to join.
- Some co-ops also give preference to alumni (children with an older sibling who previously attended the same program).
- There is a short break between Priority and Transfer Registration periods.
- Registration payment must be received by the co-op before the beginning of Transfer or they forfeit the space and it will be made available for Transfer Registration participants.
Transfer Registration: Deadline Feb 14th, 2018
For families who wish to transfer from another NSC co-op.
- 2/8 – 2/14/2018: Transfer Registration
- 2/15/2018: Transfer lottery and space assignment notifications
- A child currently enrolled in an NSC co-op and wanting to attend class at a different site should register for the upcoming year with the parent coordinator for the class that the child wishes to join.
- There is a short break between Transfer and Open Registration periods.
- Registration payment must be received by the co-op before Open Registration or they forfeit the space and it will be made available for Open Registration participants.
Open Registration: March 3rd, 2018 10am-12pm
For all families (see Open Registration Flyer for more details)
- 3/3/2018, 10:00 – 11:00: Info Fair (in the NSC Cafeteria)
- 3/3/2018, 11:00 – 12:00: Open Registration (in the Baxter Center)
- At Open Registration, remaining spaces are decided by lottery.
- After Open Registration, co-ops may process space assignments and waiting list requests on a first-come-first-served basis.
- If you have missed Open Registration, you should contact the co-op/s you are interested in joining directly to determine if space is available.
- Learn more – Event Details