Waiting ListsSince there are a limited number of slots per class, some co-ops may fill completely; however, a waiting list is maintained for each co-op. Placement may be made for an empty slot at anytime during the year. The parent coordinator for each class maintains their class’s waiting list. A list of classes and contact info enables you to find out how long a class’s waiting list is and what your chances are of getting a space. Contact a coop’s Parent Coordinator to learn how to be added to their class waitlist.
Encouraging ParticipationThe cooperative preschools affiliated with North Seattle College admit applicants and students of any race, color, religion, sex or national ethnic origin and are committed to facilitating participation by offering scholarships to families who might not otherwise be able to participate.
Parents Enroll in the NSC ProgramAlthough the child is the one attending preschool, the parent is actually being enrolled in the College program. At the beginning of the school year, parents fill out registration forms for the college and earn credits for the Parent Education component of the preschool program. Please refer to our Enrollment FAQ for more information. Please contact the specific Preschool or firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions.
Registration Details for 2019-20
Priority Registration Window: Enrolling Now thru Feb. 8th, 2019
This phase is for families who are continuing in the same class or co-op.
- 2/8/2019: Priority Registration deadline
- 2/9/2019: Priority lottery and space assignment notifications
- This phase is for families who are continuing on in the same co-op they currently attend
- This phase also includes families who are currently participating in a NSC Toddler co-op and wish to enroll in a Pre3s program at any co-op.
- Some co-ops also give preference to alumni (children with an older sibling who previously attended the same program)
- Registration payment must be received by the co-op before the beginning of Transfer or they forfeit the space and it will be made available for Transfer Registration participants.
Transfer Registration Window: February 11th thru February 22nd, 2019
For families who wish to transfer from another NSC co-op.
- 2/11 – 2/22/2019: Transfer Registration
- 2/23/2019: Transfer lottery and space assignment notifications
- A child currently enrolled in an NSC co-op and wanting to attend class at a different site should register for the upcoming year with the parent coordinator for the class that the child wishes to join.
- There is a short break between Transfer and Open Registration periods.
- Registration payment must be received by the co-op before Open Registration or they forfeit the space and it will be made available for Open Registration participants.
Open Registration Window Begins: March 2nd, 2019 SEE DETAILS BELOW
For all families (see Co-Op Preschool Fair Flyer for more details)
- 3/2/2019, 9:30 – 11:30am: Co op Preschool Fair and Registration event.
- Please join us for the Co-op Preschool Fair on March 2! This event is your chance to learn more about all of the North Seattle Co-op Preschools. Bring your children along for fun sing-a-longs, carnival games, face painting, and more!
- All families from the community are welcome to apply to any co-op after March 2, however families who apply at the Co-op Preschool Fair will receive priority consideration. A non refundable deposit is required to hold your spot, so please remember your checkbook.
- Following the Co-op Preschool Fair, each co-op will conduct a lottery for remaining open spots, with priority consideration for those families who apply at the event on March 2. Space assignment notifications will be sent on March 3.